View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 12:28 AM   #18 (permalink)
Daschicken
EcoModding flying lizard

Cibbie - '88 Honda CBR 250R
Motorcycle
90 day: 48.49 mpg (US)

Rarity - '06 Honda Accord EX V6
Team Honda
90 day: 29.88 mpg (US)

Baby viff - '86 Honda VFR 400R
Motorcycle
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)

Latios - '08 Suzuki SV650SF
Motorcycle
90 day: 64.56 mpg (US)

Mazda 3 - '14 Mazda 3 i Sport
90 day: 43.25 mpg (US)
Ooops

Well, we did it again....

We got ourselves another VFR 400, this time an NC24. So we now have all 3 generations of the VFR 400, excluding the RVF 400.

It had been brought into the country by its British previous owner, who was getting too old, and lost interest in it. It did come with original fairings and tank, but they are painted a dark red color. Bike was apart in the picture because me and dad were working on it. Tank has some overspray inside, but otherwise looks fine. One of the carbs was clogged up and the slides are slow to return, so it may need some parts. I was eager to see if it would run again for the first time in 5+ years, so the carbs, tank, and battery were swapped over. It cranked over fine, but wasn't getting spark. Checked the killswitch...seems fine. Then my dad finds an unplugged connector where the seat would be. It fired right up after that!

It will need some parts and other crap, including tires, before it is ready to actually ride, but I did take it for a short test ride and verified that all six gears worked! The tachometer does appear to be reading double however.

The single sided swingarm definitely earns cool points, and hopefully mid range power will be improved over my NC21 due to the NC24's sizable velocity stacks. Just have to get the carbs working!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1554.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	24955  

Best trip in V6: 52.0
Best tank in V6: 46.0
Best tank in Mazda: 49.9
Best tank in CBR: 61.3
Best tank in SV: 83.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
You can lead a fashion-conscious horse to unusual-looking water...