View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 10:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Have any of you shopped on Back Market?

I cannot find any explanation for the name, but it is a marketplace for refurbished devices--with a six-month warranty.

Apple sells refurbished iPhones with a one-year warranty. So does Samsung, but clicking through the Note5, S6, and S7, and all of the variants thereof, they had exactly zero in stock.

So, grey them out and put "Sold out" on the main page!

Apparently, I have had my Samsung Galaxy S6 for four years and five months, right before Verizon stopped giving out "free" phones. The phone has been great, but as I have noted elsewhere, the battery was never adequate, and it seems like the charging port has worn out. I go through cables far too quickly. I have bought two charging cases and those have helped tremendously, but it seems like the charging port on the second one has worn out!

I have long wanted to replace the charging port and battery on the phone, but wanted to have a replacement phone first, in case there were delays, something went horribly wrong, etc. I have heard good things about the Moto G6. It is rated 4/5 on Amazon, just like the iPhone X. I called Costco to see if they would give me Gorilla glass, a battery pack, and other goodies for free.

They won't.

I talked to the gentleman for about twenty minutes. He said the G6 is a great phone, but I should know that it goes on sale every November, and they discount it $50, although I cannot find any confirmation.

Meanwhile, Amazon sells refurbished S6es for $160, although I hesitate with the ninety-day warranty, and the refurbished S6es are rated worse than the Motos.

Decisions decisions!

So, I tried to find a better source for a refurbished phone. Back Market is rated 8.3/10 on TrustPilot, and here are thirty articles in five months:

Well, I went for it! Wish me luck!