Thread: Tesla Model 3
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 11:12 AM   #626 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Musk had the same goal for 1Q, 2Q and 3Q. He missed it twice and then hit it on the 3rd try. Keep the same goal long enough you will eventually hit it. The key is hitting the goal the first time.

That track record gives me zero confidence that Musk will hit his target for base model Model 3s the first time.
As an outsider with no knowledge of Tesla's internal workings ... I've observed that Elon sets unrealistic goals as a matter of policy. It gives his SCRUM teams something to shoot for. As they run into the normal delays and problems, the projected schedules (I assume that they have them but do not share) get updated and flow back to management to allow for adjusting delivery of comsumables for production, transportation of finished product, etc.

If he set a goal that was attainable, there would be no incentive to STRIVE for the extra production/models/designs/whatever.

Elon has been *VERY* consistent. He has not met a goal, the first time he set the goal, 1 time in a row. Has he progressed production timelines faster than other car companies? I believe so. It seems that others think so as well.

But if you are banking on him making *ANY* of his short term goals ... perhaps any of his goals period ... the first time around ... well .. I'd suggest you have a better chance of winning the lottery
The Following User Says Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
Fat Charlie (10-03-2018)