View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 10:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterk0031 View Post
Car's have been E10 compatible for a long time, anything with FI and a O2 sensor has LTFT to compensate for different fuel energy content, I've got many a CEL light for too much E85 back to a 1998 Stratus to my Cobalt CEL is on today, when the LTFT (long term fuel trim get over 25 or so), takes greater than 50% ethanol to get it for all the car's I've owned. Never once has one of them run bad.
Nowadays the standard in Brazil is E27, and only one premium gasoline is E25. Since we also have E100 (actually E96h), there is no E85 here. But anyway, not even some grey-imports have had so many problems with the amount of ethanol.

Quote:
One of Brazils sugarcane advantage is after they crush it to get the juice out, they burn the left overs to power the facility and sell excess electricity. Corn ethanol plants could do that with the corn stover, but don't at this point. Natural gas/coal is easier.
That's a good point. But anyway, I must confess I'm quite surprised by your knowledge about the ethanol brewing here in Brazil.