View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 01:22 PM   #3305 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
I'm really sorry, I had no bad intention towards you or you wife.

But I really believe medical science it's a mess, and a mess in terms of advances in the last 25 years. I use to read about new technics, new treatments, but 99% end in bull****, failed miserably or turns out as very more worse than announced.

And there is no really true intention of get better in terms of science development, since diseases are profitable and cures are not.

And I don't trust doctors, and I have relatives doctors and I don't trust then either, and I have reasons to don't trust, reasons I sadly found to discover. They are a mafia, at least in my country a f...ing mafia.
I was being sarcastic about us being in the medical field. About the only way someone could offend me online is to claim that I have evil intentions, and even then I'd just dismiss it because I don't need to convince anyone of anything.

Medicine is relatively uncorrupted in the US, but nonetheless very inefficient and excessive.

I expect disease to become more prolific over time because we've largely eliminated natural selection. Bad hearts, poor eyesight, diabetes, poor immune function, etc can all be mitigated by medicine (thankfully), but the consequence is a sicker population requiring more medical attention. This is compounded by the rapid change from living very physical lifestyles where food was in short supply, to being mostly sedentary with an abundance of food. We're not programmed to live healthy this way.

As I've said, we're in our infancy of understanding biology and implementing solutions to problems (rather than treating symptoms). I don't think there is much of a conspiracy to focus efforts on symptoms by the way; that's just the easier path. Politicians are susceptible to this lazy thinking and people buy in too. For instance, a politician might identify poorness as the root problem of poor people, and come up with the lazy (and often counterproductive) idea that they simply need (someone else's) money.

In the future, I expect we'll have solved the major medical issues through genetic engineering, which will also have the effect of drastically reducing population growth since reproduction would largely be a conscious decision. Chemotherapy, insulin injections, laser eye surgery... it will all look like bloodletting by future humans, and they'll wonder how we went to the moon in such a primitive age.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!