View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 08:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
rlee94
AWD Efficiency <3

Steve - '99 Subaru Legacy L
Subaru
90 day: 26.8 mpg (US)

Little Red - '90 Geo Metro LSi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
On my scangauge I pretty much always use:

Engine load
Coolant temp
Instant MPG
Average MPG

Engine load (LOD) tells me how fast to accelerate, and helps tell me when to coat or EOC.
Coolant temperature tells me when I can turn on heat, and when I'm installing a grill bock if I've gone too far.
Instant MPG is actually not real useful unless I'm being a bit more lazy and don't feel like doing as much P&G.
Average MPG I use to gauge how well I'm doing on a trip. The daily commute I know about where I should be at several points in the trip and I can gauge my driving.
I don't do P&G so the LOD wouldn't help too much. I do plan on installing a grille block (both for the grille and bumper) soon so the Coolant Temp would definitely be good to keep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermionicScott View Post
On my ScanGauge E I have a tab for Voltage and Open/Closed Loop, but I don't use it often. Both LOD and LP can be useful for reminding you to get your foot out of it.

Mostly I watch Coolant Temp, Average MPG, and Instantaneous MPG. (I would watch intake temperature as well if my '96 Outback provided it.)

More broadly, I bought my SG more or less as a toy, but it has paid for itself just in scanning codes on cars among my friends and family. I don't exaggerate when I say I love this thing.
How do you like the outback? And is it sedan or wagon? I badly want a Forester to go along with my Legacy.

The Following User Says Thank You to rlee94 For This Useful Post:
TDFbound (11-25-2018)