View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 03:54 PM   #3500 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
show me

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Everyone alive now owes our good fortune to those who have mightily leveraged the countless miracles afforded by using fossil fuels. Never has it been a better time to be a human than now, and that's almost entirely due to fossil fuels.

A crime against humanity would be to have a great resource, and keep it locked away.

They have no OBLIGATION to tell anyone anything. If I'm a fork maker, I don't have to tell my forking investors the infinite ways you could possibly be harmed with a fork. My job would simply be to make the most desirable forks for the least cost possible.

Show me 1 measurable metric in which humanity as a whole has suffered by use of fossil fuels (wealth, longevity, infant survival, travel, free time, etc).

It's some sort of twisted fad to hate everything that is good, to identify what is black as white, and to self-loath, and I'm not having any of it.
You might consider those who died from rapidly-intensifying storms which 'came out of nowhere' recently.
With less anthropogenic carbon dioxide in the atmosphere,additional heat which made it into the Gulf of Mexico,might have dissipated into space,leaving cooler Gulf waters.Since it didn't,there was more available heat energy for hurricanes like Michael and Yutu.

The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (10-29-2018)