View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 08:49 PM   #546 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Wow, thanks for the radio installation link. Looks like a flood of information. I will have to spend a few hours digging through that sometime.

I did test out the cigarette plug. Plenty of power going through there.

I went to test it again, and got nothing. Must have blown a fuse, right? The Metro has the worst fuse box ever! It's WAY up under the dash and nothing is labeled!

Once I figured which one it was and replaced it, I could get power through that connection again.

I have a 12V relay which I want to turn on another switch when it gets power to it.

The idea is that I turn the key, it activates a relay, and that connects power to the Controller. Thus, the key turns the controller on and off.

I tried it out, using a lightbulb, and volt meter to test the switched signal out of the relay. I couldn't get anything. The relay clicks on and off, but there is no voltage out the other two connections of the relay.

Do I just have a bad relay? Am I doing something wrong?

I also called the machinist and made an appointment to go see him Thursday evening.

Strangely, pulling the engine really doesn't give you any spare 12V wires. The main one that goes to the thingy that does to spark plugs goes through some sort of resistor. Even though it reads as 12V, it's not enough to power a relay.

Now the starter wire may have some interesting possibilties.....

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos