Thread: Tesla Model 3
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 02:29 PM   #683 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
fit and finish

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
The body is different than the chassis, and has little to do with safety. It was the body that received the most criticism due to the complexity and lack of precise fitment. There was an image showing a fender well using something like 6 pieces of different material, and containing glue, welds, and rivets for a part that would normally just be formed out of a single piece of material.

It's things like that needing improvement to reduce cost, possibly reduce weight, and improve aesthetic qualities.
The Jan 2018,CAR and DRIVER kinda reamed TESLA on this issue,in their road test review.They didn't like the rear seat at all either.
I'd be willing to put up with aesthetic liabilities for a a zero-carbon vehicle,nationwide charging infrastructure,glass cockpit with annual updates,etc..
We falter before we crawl.We crawl before we walk,.........................
I'm willing to cut them some slack.And if I were in the TESLA demographic,I'd already be driving one.
Ezra Dyer of CAR and DRIVER has put his $1,000 down on a Model 3.He's got home PV.He'll be zero carbon.Smartest road warrior I never met!
redpoint5 (10-30-2018)