View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 07:14 PM   #73 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

I already told her I would only ask the question from skeptical people to give her a good space to explain everything in order to reduce skeptcism. I said that some questions would not be very kind as she and her position as ressearcher deserves. She told that it' was ok.
Polemic in portuguese (Brazil's portuguese) means not clear for everyone or a area uncertain or that generates debates and discussions.

I'm more worried about some differences from the portuguese from Portugal and the portuguese from Brazil. There are many weird differences, and I only know a few. For example what they use to say Young Lady (rapariga on Portugal) in Portugal's portuguese, on Brazil would mean Prostitute/Whor...e. What they say in Portugal about a line ( indian line/people in sequence) (bicha on Portugal) on Brazil would mean gay or happy gay/homosexual.
So imagine a portuguese arrive on Brazil and he said to a a father of 2 pretty daughters and a beautiful wife : "Você tem duas belas raparigas e sua esposa pegou muitas bichas hoje no banco." (You have two beautiful daughter and your wife get a lot of indian line in the bank). For the brazilain it would mean : "You have two pretty who...re daughters and you wife catched a lot of gay man in the bank."

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Polemic is not a commonly used word in the US. I had to look it up. It means verbally attacking, so in this context would mean questions that seek to expose weaknesses in the claims made about this battery technology.

I use a free program called OBS Studio to screen capture. You'll want to test it out prior to recording the Skype meeting. I initially had an issue where my recordings would not index, so I could not seek to a certain time in the video. I fixed this by turning off the option to allow the video to resume recording if there is a disruption.