Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2018, 03:43 PM   #71 (permalink)
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,802 Posts
Is this battety reverse engineered from extraterrestrial technology?

The Following User Says Thank You to oil pan 4 For This Useful Post:
freebeard (11-07-2018)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-07-2018, 04:11 PM   #72 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
"Is it made out of people?"

I'm not good at polemic. But I found this in an updated thread:

https://insideevs.com/zf-presents-el...urban-vehicle/

How it's done. The swing arm allows for geared reduction.

Old 11-07-2018, 07:14 PM   #73 (permalink)
Banned

I already told her I would only ask the question from skeptical people to give her a good space to explain everything in order to reduce skeptcism. I said that some questions would not be very kind as she and her position as ressearcher deserves. She told that it' was ok.
Polemic in portuguese (Brazil's portuguese) means not clear for everyone or a area uncertain or that generates debates and discussions.

I'm more worried about some differences from the portuguese from Portugal and the portuguese from Brazil. There are many weird differences, and I only know a few. For example what they use to say Young Lady (rapariga on Portugal) in Portugal's portuguese, on Brazil would mean Prostitute/Whor...e. What they say in Portugal about a line ( indian line/people in sequence) (bicha on Portugal) on Brazil would mean gay or happy gay/homosexual.
So imagine a portuguese arrive on Brazil and he said to a a father of 2 pretty daughters and a beautiful wife : "Você tem duas belas raparigas e sua esposa pegou muitas bichas hoje no banco." (You have two beautiful daughter and your wife get a lot of indian line in the bank). For the brazilain it would mean : "You have two pretty who...re daughters and you wife catched a lot of gay man in the bank."

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Polemic is not a commonly used word in the US. I had to look it up. It means verbally attacking, so in this context would mean questions that seek to expose weaknesses in the claims made about this battery technology.

I use a free program called OBS Studio to screen capture. You'll want to test it out prior to recording the Skype meeting. I initially had an issue where my recordings would not index, so I could not seek to a certain time in the video. I fixed this by turning off the option to allow the video to resume recording if there is a disruption.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:23 PM   #74 (permalink)
Banned

I had imagined a suspension inside the wheel to reduce the problem of on-wheel motor. It would be springs between a outer wheel circle and a inner wheel circle (with the electric motor and the axis).

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
"Is it made out of people?"

I'm not good at polemic. But I found this in an updated thread:

https://insideevs.com/zf-presents-el...urban-vehicle/

How it's done. The swing arm allows for geared reduction.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:03 PM   #75 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Polemic in portuguese (Brazil's portuguese) means not clear for everyone or a area uncertain or that generates debates and discussions.
"Controversial" is the word we use that most closely matches your definition of polemic.

The subtle language differences will be fine. You're not going to confuse a cathode with a wh ore, for example. If something doesn't make complete sense to you, ask for clarification. If you need clarification, it's a sure sign someone else would also need it. Better to over-describe something than to not obtain enough information.

It would be helpful if Maria described both the scientific description of how things work, as well as an explanation in layperson terms.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Old 11-07-2018, 09:39 PM   #76 (permalink)
Banned

I'm afraid I will need to delay the interview, since my hardware and or software configurations are not working. My mic it's not working, I tried many configurations, first on controll panel and then on SKYPE.
If I can't even talk how wil record video. Appers that withou a camera for myself SKPE do not allow start a video chat."

Edited : Ok,Mic it's working, despite low even in maximum adjust. Hope she heards.
If I can't record video I will try record audio.

Last edited by All Darc; 11-07-2018 at 10:05 PM..
Old 11-07-2018, 10:03 PM   #77 (permalink)
Banned

In relation to what planet, mine or yours ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Is this battety reverse engineered from extraterrestrial technology?
Old 11-07-2018, 10:08 PM   #78 (permalink)
Banned

Is that possible to someone from ecomodder join the chat just to record my conversation with Maria Helena Braga, maybe recording a video of her speaking ?
It's now set at 11:30 hour of Austin/Texas.

Now I found that computers a bit old do not allow video calls in the last versions of SKYPE.

If it work, I would just need to install this software to record the video : Free Video Call Recorder For Skype

https://www.techtudo.com.br/dicas-e-...-do-skype.html

Last edited by All Darc; 11-07-2018 at 11:12 PM..
Old 11-08-2018, 12:04 PM   #79 (permalink)
Banned

Some news. I did a text chat, no video no audio record, and it was brief, since her time was short.

Google somehow told me wrong hour in Austin, and I accidently whakeup her 04:00 o'clock (night) (her cell phone was connected to skype). So I only did the chat many hours latter. I got so embarassed, I felt horrible wacking her up.

She combined to have another when I have a system working to record videos, like in a LIVE.

I fear Skype do not allow videophone inside a text chat unless both sides have a camera. But years ago I was in a chat and received real time video from a person with camera, despite I was not with one. Not sure if the sofware back then was SKYPE or not.

Well, they have another battery not even publisched, that can self recharg (using ambient heat energy) even bether than the actual one they spoke about in some articles.
As I suspected, the larger the surface area, the better the energy the battery produce from heat.
Even with the solid "glass electrolyte, there are many different ways to architect a battery for different results. They are trying different models.

They can't talk much details or send battery samples to the skecptical scientists, before they have all patents ready. She said probable would be a good idea to stop skepticals. Let's hope the patents get ready and they can do it.

One reason I believe her:
She it's not a CEO from some start-up trying to raise millions on web. Neither she or Goodenough will not earn millions with a discovery, since they work for a university and the goals from ressearch would belongs the the university. Even a new discovery would need to be made outside unioversity law field in order to she or Goodenough be able to earn from the invention.

Industry can be a problem. She told me there is a lamp that last 100 years (prediction) but nobody wants to manufacturers. And in USA usual bulbs last less than in Europes.
Something similar could happens to her battery. What manufacturers would want to produce a battery to last a lifetime ?
Maybe the industry could think the Goodenough battery it's not badenough to produce for final consumers.

She also told me that she did not reverse engineering from alien technology. Have you listened Oil Pan 4 ?

From my point of view, the large major Li-ion battery manufacturers will not found Goudenough (and Braga) battery badenough to make $$$$$$$$$$$$$. So the best thing to do it's to search companies that are just starting or flirting with this bussiness and not on the top of it, companies that could eany by putting dow some giants from Li-ion battery manufacturers.

Another Idea I have, it's about internet power. When they have patents and be ready to send samples, they could built some powerfull batteries for small drone (mini helicopter form example) and send to the most famous ecologist youtubers. They would make dozens of videos showing the revolution of these amazing batteries and make critics about the industry or government interest are so reduced. this would start a giant campaign in favor odf these batteries.

Last edited by All Darc; 11-08-2018 at 12:34 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to All Darc For This Useful Post:
roosterk0031 (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 12:29 PM   #80 (permalink)
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Are you going to post the text of that chat?

Coming out with conspiracy theories of why a product wouldn't get produced because it's too good is ridiculous. Name 1 time that has happened.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
Reply  Post New Thread