View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 02:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,719 Posts
Ha. I briefly looked at a 120v impact wrench at Harbor F---yeah, enough said.

Two hundred and thirty foot-pounds of torque for $48. If I can put my full weight on a wrench I can do that much without a breaker bar. This one is $300 for 270 foot-pounds: Hitachi WR16SE Brushless Motor Corded Impact Wrench, 1/2-Inch

I do not understand using corded tools within reach of an outlet, but the battery-powered units that I have seen had more torque.

ACDelco is a real brand, right? Five hundred foot-pounds for $47 if you go pneumatic: ACDelco ANI405 Heavy Duty Twin Hammer 1/2" Air Impact Wrench Pneumatic Tools

Quote:
Once a thriving product for movers and contractors available at a dozen big-box retailers including Wal-Mart, Target and AutoZone, Forearm Forklift has been ravaged over the past half-decade by counterfeiters, mostly selling on Amazon. Scores of merchants have copied the patented product, using its name, images and labels and undercutting the real Forearm Forklift on price.
https://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/24/how-...-collapse.html

It looks like professionals used it. I don't watch movers work.

Quote:
Conversations with merchants elicit a very different reaction. Since CNBC.com began reporting on Amazon's budding counterfeit issue in May, we've spoken with dozens of merchants that have narratives similar to Lopreiato's, but very few are willing to speak on the record out of fear of retribution from Amazon.
Quote:
Birkenstock said in July that it's no longer authorizing sales on Amazon starting in 2017. Last week Apple sued a distributor named Mobile Star for selling counterfeit power adapters and charging cables on the site, claiming the products "pose an immediate threat to consumer safety."

Amazon has taken steps to crack down of late by forcing new sellers of major brands like Nike, Hasbro and Cuisinart to show invoices proving the items are legitimate and then pay a fee. Third-party sellers are getting suspended in droves for activity that Amazon deems suspicious or for complaints from buyers, sparking outrage from merchants who say they're being punished for Amazon's inability to control counterfeiting.