View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 12:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ecky
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 40.51 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I'm thinking the best way to shop is to find other vehicles that have compatible wheels. From what I can tell, all Ford Taurus wheels should fit, as well as some Focus wheels. Rather than searching for specific specs like a reasonable person, I'll just search for "Taurus wheels", and hopefully find something with winter tires already mounted.
Funny thing. You can put a 99 Civic DX wheel on a 99 Civic HX, but not vice versa, even though both cars share the same tires and knuckles. The HX has brake calipers which extend a few mm less out the side (width, I guess you'd call it) to clear the spokes of the rims they chose to use for weight reasons.

Maybe the other common factor here that could almost absolutely guarantee fitment is to make sure both vehicles use the same brake calipers, or that the brake calipers on the vehicle in question do not extend in any direction farther than the calipers of the doner vehicle. Otherwise, while a rim might be very likely to fit, there are no guarantees.