View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 04:32 PM   #3847 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
release

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Oh so they can't release the source data to protect everyone from the opposing view.
I see how it is. One sided, don't ask, don't tell science, secret if any peer review, yeah seems legit.
I will wait for it to come out on wiki leaks.
Getting the impression the believers are terrified of true transparency.
No thata a lie, I have known all along the believers will never go for full transparency, I leaned this back when I was kind of a believer, back around 2005 or 2006.

So the sun does effect the atmosphere but the part that it effects doesn't effect the other parts, ha that's rich. Man the rules keep changing in this game faster than I can keep up with.

Both sides lie.
They could but they wouldn't.
It would be like 500 different building code compliance officers showing up at your place,all with different ideas about how to legally install your PV array.You'd never get anything done.All you'd be doing is arguing.
Which is the whole premise of the fossil-fuel industry's campaign for climate denial.Spend a few million on 'doubt' while you make billions in the meantime.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Sun does affect all the atmosphere,but the thermosphere is just atomic hydrogen,which is extremely rarified.It doesn't have enough density to transfer heat by conduction.
It's not much of a thermal black-body.
There's no real convection going on which could mix down upper heat through the mesosphere,into the lower troposphere.
As soon as the Earth rotates away from the sunlight,the thermosphere immediately cools off,unlike the troposphere,where the infrared can't get out like it used to.

The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
niky (11-21-2018)