View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 11:12 PM   #133 (permalink)
mpg_numbers_guy
Master EcoModder

Toby - '13 Toyota Prius C
Team Toyota
90 day: 62.22 mpg (US)

Daz - '15 Mazda 3 iTouring w/ Tech Package
Team Mazda
90 day: 38.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
Yeah. Straight pipe would not eliminate CEL. There are two O2 sensors, the second one checks the changes in the exhaust after the catalyst. You need to fool this one to get the CEL to go away.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...+sensor+spacer
Good to know, thanks! Would rather not spend $$$ on new cats whenever they fail.

Quote:
Not exactly related, but it was recently discovered on IC that the Civic Hybrid transmission is a direct replacement and fits in the Insight bay. The gear ratios are more linear and would make driving without IMA a lot easier. Food for thought. There are tons of HCH1s in scrapyards from failed batteries, transmissions are abundant and cheap if you went this route one day in the future.
What do you mean by more linear? Just the change of the ratios themselves? How does this improve ease of driving? I thought the HCH1 manual transmission was just shorter and less fuel efficient..

Quote:

Tell us what you think.
Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I periodically look at cars, but I want to hold onto mine for a while.
That's what my plan was...until I fell in love with the Insight. I should be able to sell my car for more than I spend on an Insight; if I go with the one I'm looking at tomorrow I'll come out about $1000 ahead after selling my car, so it works out well.

2015 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback w/ Tech Package (wife's car)