View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 03:51 PM   #3861 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead
I don't think we can now.All the flora and fauna which supported pre-civilized tribes we've already destroyed.
And since warfare is by definition 'statecraft',there really isn't any human history which was devoid of 'government'.A pack of wolves is a government.
Think post-civilization?

Anarchism is an intellectual property, not intrinsic to nature 'red in tooth and claw'. Try minarchism:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night-watchman_state

Quote:
In libertarian political philosophy, a night-watchman state, or minarchist state, is a model of a state whose only functions are to provide its citizens with the military, the police and courts, thus protecting them from aggression, theft, breach of contract and fraud and enforcing property laws.[1][2][3] Nineteenth-century Britain has been described by historian Charles Townshend as standard-bearer of this form of government among Western countries.[4]
Compare with anarcho-capitalism.
Quote:
Minarchism - Quora
Because Minarchism is fundamentally a pragmatic theory of politics, while Anarcho-Capitalism is typically a result arrived at from strict moral reasoning.
[Search domain www.quora.com/topic/Minarchism] https://www.quora.com/topic/Minarchism

Minarchy • r/Minarchy - reddit
Minarchism is a libertarian political philosophy which advocates for the State to exist solely to protect citizens from aggression, theft, breach of contract, and fraud.
[Search domain www.reddit.com/r/Minarchy/] https://www.reddit.com/r/Minarchy/
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler
Exactly what I have been saying here for the last year. We are not that far apart after all. Resource depletion will curtail material throughput due to steadily rising costs of extraction/ production in the next coming decades. The growth/ debt based economic system system we have relied on for the last 100 years will cease to be viable. Ideally we would try to phase in a new social system now but there is too much social momentum in desperately attempting to maintain business as usual with worldwide quantitative easing. So the next best thing is for enlightened individuals to study the coming options and be ready with some ideas of a plan B when the time arrives.
Standing by. As I have since the 1970s, when I read the Ur-environmentalist R. Buckminster Fuller.

Politics follows culture. Them hippys tried, but Mad Ave. shut them down. I lived in a geodesic dome throught the 1990s. I live in a $900 house today with electricity at $.054/kilowatt-hour.
[parenthetically, what I've learned using the library computer is that Windows doesn't have direct access to the upper ASCII character set. Macintosh had three-key access in 1984, and Windows declared parity in 1995 and laughed at the single-button mouse.

Now it's 2018 and you still have to memorize the ASCII value or pick it with a tool. It's been days and I'm still LOL.]