View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 11:09 PM   #139 (permalink)
mpg_numbers_guy
Master EcoModder

Toby - '13 Toyota Prius C
Team Toyota
90 day: 62.22 mpg (US)

Daz - '15 Mazda 3 iTouring w/ Tech Package
Team Mazda
90 day: 38.2 mpg (US)
How long should the engine run or idle before the ticking goes away? Looking on Youtube it sounds just like the lifter tick sounds that other cars make. Does your Insight have ticking when the engine isn't warm? If so, would it be too much trouble to record a video of what your car sounds like cold? I would greatly appreciate it if possible.

The seller put it in reverse then started the car, so it started on the 12V. I assumed that was because it wasn't in neutral, am I right in that supposition? I then stopped the car, put it in neutral, and the restarted the car again to see if it would start silently with it being in neutral, and it started like a normal car. You said that it would concern you, can you expound why?

Climate control was probably set to Auto.

We had to rev to nearly redline in 1st gear to get assist to display on the gauge. 2nd gear and up were assisting normally. Is this normal?

IMA battery condition was great and the transmission had no grinds, but it would cost several hundred dollars to buff out and restore most of the paint job. He's asking $2300 but would possibly go for less, especially if the 4-5 people looking at it tomorrow and this weekend don't buy it.

With heavy assist and regen to test the battery's capability, and 90% of the time spent in 1st and 2nd gear, we managed 36.5 mpg for the test drive, which is crazy good considering my Civic would've been like 20 mpg driving it the way we did.

Think it would be worth returning tomorrow to let the car idle longer and test Autostop with climate control set to Econ?

This Insight hunting is almost getting discouraging. I actually looked at HCH1s for a few minutes today. Muy terrible..

2015 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback w/ Tech Package (wife's car)