View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 05:50 PM   #291 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I have been suffering from computer freezes throughout the day. I scanned for viruses and turned off some programs that were automatically loading, but I think that I need to examine the registry to see the full list. This is not exactly a powerhouse, but a two year-old i7 with 16 GB of RAM should be adequate for browsing the Internet and using small Office documents, although I tend to have many things open at once.

People always make stupid comments about all of the tabs that I have open. Through no fault of my own I had four tabs open when my computer froze this morning. My friend helpfully observed "It sounds like you have a problem." I was reading about Leaf batteries when my computer froze. I pulled up Task Manager and found out that my 3D processes were at 100%. I had checked for viruses and reviewed startup programs. I finally installed an SSD and my computer was much faster, but after four days, it started freezing, three times today. I looked into it, installed Malwarebytes, it cleaned out some stuff, and my 3D processes are way down.

Anyway, I had shared that Nissan charged $2,850 for refurbished Leaf batteries and $5,500 for a new one, plus installation, which was supposed to be three hours. I provided sources, too!

I forgot I had an unfinished post when I allowed my system to reboot.

I also saw many pages discussing this:
Quote:
I just called Nissan about a replacement battery because my 2011 Nissan leaf is down to 8 bars and I only get about 35 miles on a charge. I was informed that the battery replacement cost is now $7000 plus labor and taxes (up from $5499). This means replacement costs are around $8500.
Warning: Battery Replacement Cost Increase (now $8500) - My Nissan Leaf Forum

There are a couple hundred posts in that thread. I am not sure they went anywhere, though.

Edit: Then there is this Dorman battery with a twelve-month warranty for $2,128.95. Supposedly shipping is included.

Last edited by Xist; 12-03-2018 at 06:00 PM..