View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 04:36 PM   #50 (permalink)
ciderbarrel
MPG is not linear police

Ciderbarrel's P*2 - '22 Polestar 2
90 day: 108.13 mpg (US)

Ciderbarrel's Civic - '08 Honda Civic LX
Team Honda
90 day: 31.56 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Is the L.A. auto show on yet?

I figure the news of the Volt's demise will expedite an announcement about whichever crossover/SUV will be next to get the Volt's tech.

They've sunk billions into R&D of that drivetrain, so there's no way it'll go in the bin. It's just a matter of time to the announcement.
Having that battery pack eat up the 5th seat (in my 1st gen, at least) is a bit of a drag, only because my dog (60 lb boxer) does not have alot of room to stretch out on long trips. We have considered having the luggage on the folded down rear seats and letting him lay in a bed in the cargo area.

Otherwise, it is a great car and I will keep it as long as I can get keep getting battery parts (it was just replaced under warranty and I get another 8 years / X miles, though I hope some fine print does not do away with that because the car has gone bye-bye)

I hope they resurrect the Volt with a Bolt/Tesla skateboard like arrangement so it can be a 5 seater hatch with that low center of gravity. If we get a Serial Hybrid SUV (The GM Jolt?) with a large enough pack to get 60 miles on a charge (summer, no A/C) with a generator that consumes, at most, 3 gallons per 100 miles, I guess I will be ok with that.