View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 09:28 PM   #3316 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by esali1987 View Post
So I am messing around with the AC board and got to a stage where the relays are switching on/off! This is a big first step as I took the long road of soldering the bare board. Now I have come to a point of communicating through what I see as a USB and am having no such luck. Is there a driver I need? I am not sure how to get the communication through serial. Any advice?
Get a USB to serial converter, wire pins 2, 3, and 5 from the converter to the header on the board. I don't remember the pin numbers on the header .. I'll have to look tomorrow when I get home.

Communications is 115,200 baud, no parity, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit. Use a terminal program. Hyperterminal was included for free with XP. I don't think it comes with anything newer. there are many free or cheap programs that will do terminal communications. Many (not all, sadly) USB serial converters have a link to a terminal emulator in their documentation.

When your new board boots up, you should see the firmware version on the screen after a few seconds. If you don't you may have wires backward or not connected well.

From there, you can press enter to get a prompt.
The Following User Says Thank You to thingstodo For This Useful Post:
esali1987 (12-15-2018)