View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 05:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ecky
Master EcoModder

ND Miata - '15 Mazda MX-5 Special Package
90 day: 40.51 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by live4soccer7 View Post
I ran in to the yard on the 23rd and they had a sign saying they were closed

Their website said they were open. A bit of a waste of time. I'll likely head back up there tomorrow. I'm too tired today and need to get to the DMV to get the title transfer and whatnot going.

I'm thinking of the following if they are there:
Door actuators
window switches
maybe EGR related stuff that needs cleaned from time to time so I can just have a clean set of things to swap out always ready
O2 sensors
Gauge Cluster
Transmission so I can open it up and modify it. Then I can simply swap them out when I need to.
Spare Tire and Jack (not sure mine are in the car, so will check)
Wheels, if they are there (doubtful)

Not sure what they would sell the battery pack for, but may not hurt to have extra individual cells so I could make a "refurbed" pack when mine goes.

I'm not really familiar with the electronic hybrid system, so let me know what would be good to grab there.

What is it that gets ruined from water running in/down the b pillar regarding the hatch actuator? Is it just the connector that gets corroded or is there more to it than that that gets messed up. Is the hatch suppose to unlock with the auto unlock button or keyfab? I haven't tried it yet.

Please add on to the list, if you think of things. I will be doing the same. It will help me when I go.

Good list.

Note that the O2 sensors are different on just about every year of the car and are not interchangeable.

Hybrid system is bulletproof other than the battery cells.

B pillar connector (passenger side) gets corroded, but just needs to be cleaned, maybe some dielectric grease and/or the leak to be sealed up at the roof. It's only a tiny drip of water but it's enough to eventually make the hatch power locks quit working. Hatch should unlock with the key fob. Nothing to replace there.

Catalytic converter might not be bad to have if it isn't overly expensive, though you can shut CEL off with an O2 spacer.

Driver door handle tends to have its chrome chip off, however the late 90's Accord shares a handle and they're like $5 on Amazon.

Clean floor mats are at a premium for these cars, everyone wants them. If they're not beat up you could possible get good money on eBay.

There are lots of little plastic pieces that cover things like the screw heads in the behind-the-seats net, screw heads in the door handles, bump stops for the glove box, and plastic pop rivets for interior trim pieces. Many of these mysteriously disappear over the years.

Any underbody panels which might be missing?

Headlights if they aren't cloudy can be worth a pretty penny.