View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 11:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Daschicken
EcoModding flying lizard

Cibbie - '88 Honda CBR 250R
Motorcycle
90 day: 48.49 mpg (US)

Rarity - '06 Honda Accord EX V6
Team Honda
90 day: 29.88 mpg (US)

Baby viff - '86 Honda VFR 400R
Motorcycle
90 day: 42.15 mpg (US)

Latios - '08 Suzuki SV650SF
Motorcycle
90 day: 64.56 mpg (US)

Mazda 3 - '14 Mazda 3 i Sport
90 day: 43.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bonestock88 View Post
Looking good man! Just curious, but why add the OEM cat back on? Wouldn’t the exhaust restrictions make the engine less efficient?
I want the cat to reduce emissions. A huge reduction in emissions at the cost of ever so slightly reduced performance and increased weight is a trade off I am willing to make. Going to a free flowing pipe on my CBR dropped gas mileage. Of course I jetted it richer, but it did lose some low end power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv357 View Post
If it has a full Yosh system on it, you are going to want to put a full factory system back on it. Typically aftermarket performance exhaust systems are going to have large diameter header pipes. You aren't going to want that for maximum efficiency.

Could also bump the heat range of the plugs up one if you plan to keep the revs way down.

I'd go with a lighter full synthetic 5W-30 cycle oil like Motul 300V (pretty sure you can get it in a cycle oil).

A taller windscreen may help also.
Good point about the header diameter, I will have to check that. Luckily I have a bike to compare it to. The headers do have little h-pipes in them, which might be helpful. I think the bends are more gradual too, gotta check it out after work. If the stock headers seem better for low end power, I could always trade the yoshi for my brother’s stock pipes. That is where the muffler came from anyways! I don’t think he would say no.

Best trip in V6: 52.0
Best tank in V6: 46.0
Best tank in Mazda: 49.9
Best tank in CBR: 61.3
Best tank in SV: 83.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
You can lead a fashion-conscious horse to unusual-looking water...