View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 12:30 AM   #133 (permalink)
mpg_numbers_guy
Master EcoModder

Toby - '13 Toyota Prius C
90 day: 61.95 mpg (US)

Daz - '15 Mazda 3 iTouring w/ Tech Package
90 day: 38.2 mpg (US)
Quick update:

Got the regen switch wired up on Daox's shift knob and it works wonderfully. Battery is staying at 80%+ SOC regardless of driving style. Regenning power is much improved, or rather much more accessible.

Clutch mod wiring failed, but not too concerned since it isn't '05-'06 compatible anyway. Working with someone on Insight Central on a workaround that we can hopefully figure out before I leave Friday, fingers crossed there.

FAS will have to wait until I have unoccupied free time at college (aka almost never). I consider it more of a "hypermiler luxury" than an absolute necessity, but I do want to get it hooked up eventually.

Finally got hold of Scott...belly pan is scheduled to arrive Thursday or Friday. A bit disappointed on the delay and lack of communication, but I'll stop there.

Driver's side mirror fell off while washing the car, will try to reattached it with a combo of superglue and caulk since it's required in Michigan and some of the states I'll be driving through.

Dreamsight is still doing well overall and I love it. I return to college either Friday evening or Saturday morning (depending on when the belly pan arrives), and then I will be mostly MIA when it comes to updates on the car for a few months. I'll still try to pop in though and not completely ghost Ecomodder. We'll see how the Insight handles those West Virginian mountains..

2015 Mazda 3 iTouring Hatchback w/ Tech Package (wife's car)