Thread: Tesla Model 3
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 07:06 PM   #845 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
If I am driving, I do not want to look at my phone, and having my radio mirroring the phone does not improve anything for me.

Who always complains about touchscreens in cars?

Then again, I still use a corded hands-free, by amputating an earbud: https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...ree-32908.html
I complain about touchscreens in cars. They are a poor interface, especially when manufacturers use them for things like HVAC that are much better left to simple knobs. (Or in the case of Tesla - controlling wiper speeds and vent directions, etc, etc)

However, for the life of me I don't see how to select which podcast I want to listen to without a touchscreen. (voice control isn't there yet)

CarPlay fails because it still requires a touchscreen, but changes the location of the icons and changes the controls within each app. I don't see any reason to learn a new interface so I can touch the screen in the car instead of the screen on my phone.

So that leaves me with my phone attached to a vent by a magnet and playing through the car's audio via Bluetooth.
The Following User Says Thank You to JSH For This Useful Post:
redpoint5 (01-14-2019)