View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 10:51 AM   #4544 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
trap

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Redistribution of wealth scam.
So give more money to people who already effectively pay almost 0 taxes as it is. Sounds like vote buying to me.
I already drive an electric incase this kind of stupidity gets signed into law.

When the government say we will take your money, hold on to it for a little while then give it right back and everything will get better. It's a trap.
I'll be the last to know.
The friendly folks with the IPCC figure that we're looking at $54-trillion in climate-related losses,between now,and 2040.
That's an average of $2.454-trillion a year.
They're talking $27,000 /ton carbon tax,by 2100.
That would be $13.5/lb,or $265.95/gallon,for liquid fuels.(in 2100 dollars?)
And it's interesting that the party,most associated with denial,is the one who's sponsoring the legislation the most.
My SWAG,is that fossil fuel is going to end up like Asbestos,with a carbon trust,numbering in the trillions of dollars,in class-action lawsuits,as we now see for Mesothelioma,and some of Astra-Zeneca's Type-2 Diabetes drugs,which give the users genital gangrene (Global Climax Change).
Taxing the US population is a structural feature of the Republic and Constitution,and government is the only thing 'big' enough to deal with problems on the scale of climate change.
73% of the 'denial' party 'privately' agrees that global climate change is real,that it's happening now,and that it's anthropogenicly driven.
We're gonna see how it goes.

The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (01-16-2019)