View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 07:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
I think many of you have said it, drilling is not the answer, not because it is a limited resource, but because the companies that drill have a log jam already.

They have areas to drill in that have not been tapped yet, equipment necessary to refine said oil is being manufactured at capasity and takes time to build. I believe it takes something like 5 years to build a refinery and a similar time line to build a new oil rig to draw out oil. So how does that factor into the lets drill equation?

It's not like you can go to Target and buy a refinery or an oil rig. If the rights are released to drill in any area resitricted currently, those "Benefits" will not materialise for several years.

As much as we love them, our beloved cars need to be re-invented and while the emerging technology is in its infancy right now, once that flood gate is opened we will see great things emerge and quickly. Look at how fast technology changes when uninhibited.

Oil is controled by the wealthy and until the wealthy either decide to give up on making money or find a way to really profit off alternative fuels and technology the changes will come slowly.

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???