View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 10:23 AM   #33 (permalink)
ldjessee00
EcoModding Apprentice

The Leaf - '17 Nissan Leaf SL

Outback - '16 Subaru Outback

Vaquero - '20 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Why does every EV thread turn into a debate about how EV's won't work for every person or situation? Of course they don't. I don't know anyone that thinks they will work for everyone. However, even in current form, they would work for millions of people.

Most families in the USA have more than one car. Very few couples both commute more than 200 miles at the same time. Most families live in single family homes so charging at home is an option. One spouse driving an EV and the other a ICE is a combination that would work for millions of people.
I am in the situation right now (Nissan Leaf/Subaru Outback), but when I was living in apartments, that would not have worked, as I might have been able to afford a used Leaf, but with no real 'at home' charging solution, I would have been forced to charge only at charging stations...

Current trend is away from home ownership, but that has fluctuated over the last 60 years only by a few percentage, so I am not ready to say that will mean a big change, but 35% of the US population that do not own a home.
The Following User Says Thank You to ldjessee00 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (01-30-2019)