View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 01:03 AM   #86 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
1 year old appartment building with a planned life cycle of 100? years that has no thought of ev charging. Does it have ground source heat pumps for heat and cooling?
I'm a landlord, so I understand having zero incentive to care about how efficient a rental unit is. The AC unit at one property looks like it was built when they invented AC, or shortly thereafter. It works though, so I have no reason to replace it.

One property I used to live in has many efficiency upgrades that I made, and now that I'm renting it out and covering the utilities cost out of my pocket, I have incentive to make saving energy and water as easy and automatic as possible.

My apt complex has a wall mounted air-source heat pump similar to what hotel rooms have. I was surprised it even had that considering landlords don't care how much you spend on heating. It's probably among the cheapest and least efficient though. The water heater is the least efficient, along with the fridge. Faucet aerators aren't efficient or effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snax View Post
Also just saw this article, and this is why I think we will be looking at a much steeper adoption curve soon as oil companies are actually co-locating fast charging.

https://electrek.co/2019/01/21/petro...-gas-stations/
What about that article suggests a rapid adoption curve? There's no money in EV charging, especially fast charging. The hurdle to EV adoption isn't lack of fast charging infrastructure anyhow; it's the massively inferior in every way "fuel tank" called the battery.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!