View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 02:50 PM   #61 (permalink)
Isaac Zackary
Full sized hybrid.

Suzy - '13 Toyota Avalon Hybrid XLE
90 day: 37.18 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
The ultimate Previa would be an AWD supercharged five-speed unit with the Hot/Cool box and the Canadian dashboard with a tachometer.

Permalink #25
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
Huh. The Mazda 5 always struck me as a mid sized car with third row seating, not a minivan.
Ya, me too. But on the other hand, ask anyone what three rows of seats and sliding doors and you'll get the answer "minivan."

But on that note of third row seats, it kind of bugs me that cars seem to be getting bigger and yet seat fewer people than before. When I was a kid there were station wagons that had a third row in the back that faced backwards. (Or parents just put their kids there without seats or seatbelts.) A lot of the mid and full sized cars and SUV's had front bench seats that held 3 people there instead of just two.

To me it's nice having an extra seat. Just one seat can make the difference between taking two cars or just one car. And in my circumstances, that happens a lot. If I wanted a fuel efficient 6 seater, my options would be either a MAZDA5 or a 1990's Buick LeSabre.

I might get a minivan or even full sized van instead and just keep the hybrid we have now and go back to owning two cars. The hybrid would be our main run around car. And when we need to haul people or stuff we could use the van. But I'll probably wait until I get this car paid off.