View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 03:36 PM   #94 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 47.72 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Easy to predict history, and nearly impossible to predict the future. My assessment of charging infrastructure incentive is based on what's going on today, not 20 years into the future. I've got little chance of getting that one right.
It is not hard to see what's happening in Norway. Or California. Or the Netherlands for that matter. Right now.

Tesla is building a Supercharger station 150 meters from my company. Big red tubes pop up from the earth. Bricklayers were rebricking the parking lot to allow for extra width; 2 charge points take up the space of 3 previous parking spot. The company next door is also wiring up for several new charging points at their parking lot. Ours already has them, both outside and in the garage.

Half the cars sold in Norway are EV's or plug-ins.
If you buy a gas car there you take a risk - will it hold value? Can you still get gas 10 years from now?
Norway is already past the tipping point for EVs.

In 20 years the sale of gasoline cars will already have been banned, if a ban for that is needed at all. Chances are gas stations will be very rare by then.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to RedDevil For This Useful Post:
Snax (01-30-2019)