View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 09:21 AM   #101 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Why would a shop provide charging infrastructure, and who would use it? I would charge my car at home where electricity is cheap and my schedule isn't dictated by the rate at which my battery charges. Some shops offer charging to boost their environmental image, but it's mostly a gimmick. Same with businesses that provide charging perks to their employees.
That's as some EV owners rent a house or cannot charge their car at home for other practical reasons. If you can charge at work there's no need to charge at home.

We have a fleet of leased Leafs at work. As the lease runs for 3 years and includes free charging at work while home charger installation isn't free, most of our lease Leaf drivers don't have a charging point at home.

Home charging adds a lot of practicality to an EV, but with a dense charging infrastructure it is no longer essential.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.