View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 04:34 PM   #110 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 47.72 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Norway is completely different than the USA. Their experience isn't relevant to the USA.

I have a different take on hybrids. I expect over the next decade almost every ICE to become a hybrid. At the same time EV sales will continue to grow at a steady but limited rate. I say this because this is what auto manufacturers are saying they are going to do. Today they are designing the cars they will sell mid-decade.

My numbers above come from the green tech Media article you linked. However, you have to fix their numbers as they are mislabeling hybrids as EVs.
3.3% of car sales were electric vehicles
2.9% of car sales were plug in hybrids
4.0% of car sales were conventional hybrids.

EV sales won't double every year in the USA. There isn't enough EV manufacturing capacity to allow that.
I think you have to reveal the source of your numbers, because I don't think that's correct.

I have a second source that splits sales of plugin vehicles by type: EV-Volumes - The Electric Vehicle World Sales Database
and guess what, Tesla outsells all other plugin vehicles (BEV and plugin hybrid) taken together:

The Model 3 alone outsold all PHEVs taken together...

Tesla makes its own batteries and has more than tripled its production capacity last year. If they can do that, why can't other auto makers?

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 02-01-2019 at 05:25 PM..