View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 07:05 PM   #71 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,628 Times in 1,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac Zackary View Post
But on that note of third row seats, it kind of bugs me that cars seem to be getting bigger and yet seat fewer people than before. When I was a kid there were station wagons that had a third row in the back that faced backwards. (Or parents just put their kids there without seats or seatbelts.) A lot of the mid and full sized cars and SUV's had front bench seats that held 3 people there instead of just two.
I have already seen some station-wagons with extra seating on the trunk, and it was also not unusual to haul kids without a seat. Fold the back seat and there is a playground

Quote:
To me it's nice having an extra seat. Just one seat can make the difference between taking two cars or just one car. And in my circumstances, that happens a lot.
It happened a lot before my parents got divorced, as a cousin of mine used to live with my grandparents from mother's side. Often we were 6 in an Opel Corsa B (which is meant to seat only 5) when they visited mom, dad and me.

Quote:
I might get a minivan or even full sized van instead and just keep the hybrid we have now and go back to owning two cars. The hybrid would be our main run around car. And when we need to haul people or stuff we could use the van. But I'll probably wait until I get this car paid off.
No wonder many Argentinians still love small vans such as this Peugeot Partner, which by the way is a Diesel.

Even though it's a 5-seater, it's not uncommon in Argentina to add extra seats to vans, so maybe an 8-seater conversion won't be unachievable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cRiPpLe_rOoStEr For This Useful Post:
Isaac Zackary (02-01-2019), slowmover (02-03-2019)