View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 02:41 PM   #124 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
I already revealed my source. It is your link

https://www.greentechmedia.com/artic...ne#gs.js6XDsFV
Pooh... The one dated August 2018. I put that in for the non-time relevant information there. Since August EV sales soared and hybrid sales dipped. Which the other links show.
Quote:
Other automakers are focused on making money.
Tesla is increasing its inventory, which adds much more to its value than the profits in the last 2 quarters did. And they raised their cash reserve by $0.7 billion to $3.7 billion last quarter. Tesla's value is growing fast.
More assets, more cash, and profit. They make money while focusing on building great EVs.

Maybe other automakers should focus on Tesla's patents for a change. They can be used without license costs now, for the benefit of the world.
Quote:
In Tesla's 4Q earnings call Musk said Model 3 sales in the USA will decline in 2019 as Tesla diverts US built cars to China and the EU. He also said that Model Y production won't start until the end of 2020. (This makes it the 3rd time he has pushed out his start of production date. It was 2018, then 2019, now 2020.)
So? Circumstances have changed. Tesla focused on the US to maximize use of the expiring tax credit, now it is time to sell the high spec Model 3's in other markets. Plus, someone started a trade war and Tesla had to change plans and now takes production to China. It will change the timeline, not the end result.
FWIK pilot production will start around June 2020, volume production by November.

I challenge you to find a quote on model Y production to start in 2018.
All I see is how 'by the end of 2019' changed to 'early 2020' around May last year. (https://jalopnik.com/tesla-model-y-p...usk-1825729809)

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 02-02-2019 at 03:08 PM..