View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 04:42 PM   #325 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5
Kinda pissed now. Was thinking we need a freebeard go-fund-me campaign to raise the relatively modest $5k or so you'd need to purchase at the lower price, combined with the Oregon rebates.
I appreciate the thought but a GoFundMe campaign would further expose my identity on Internet.

I'm actually less bothered than I might have thought. It's the same strategy Tesla follows, sell the high end variants to solidify/shake out your supply chain then fill in the high-volume bottom. It looks like Tesla gobbled up Maxwell Technologies and will likely close out the other customers for their dry electrode technology.

The Superbeetle needs the rear fender beading replaced and a rip in the headliner fixed and the unobtainium flow-through interior vent panels found and on and on.... The NADA mid-book is up $200, to $9150 (in my ZIP area), in the last few months. In my dreams I get $12K instead of $6K for it. That way I wouldn't have to sell off a 0-mile stroker 1776 I have on a roll-around stand.

OTOH, I'd likely get out of the chair house more often.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
slowmover (02-16-2019)