View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 12:35 PM   #5004 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
freezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I've already posted evidence before about cold killing more than heat. You can skew the figures any way you wish based on how you define cold and heat related death. If you consider freezing crop failure causing food prices to rise, and causing malnutrition related disease, that would be one abstract way to show that cold is worse than heat... that's the same level of abstraction it takes to go from heat > mosquitos > malaria > people bitten by malaria carrying mosquitos > people dying of malaria (heat).

If we're talking about direct causes of death, cold freezes people to death with more frequency than heat smothers them.

Really though, it's plainly obvious that humans thrive more in these temperatures compared to the temperatures that brought about ice ages. Not frozen is generally better for humans. The more not frozen the planet is, the better we do.

I was only familiar with the phrase through Chrome, but guessed it had come from Star Trek.
Some species are evolutionarily selected for freezing.They'll be extinct without it.
Once man left Equatorial Africa all bets were off as far as survival goes.If you find yourself freezing to death,there was choice involved on your part.
I can't at all agree with your assessment that a more not frozen planet is better.
There's a growing body of observational evidence that points to the contrary.

The Following User Says Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (02-19-2019)