View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 12:53 PM   #5005 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
two graphs

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I'm actually finding no graphs to support the notion that more people die of hyperthermia than hypothermia.

I'm not subscribed to a tribe, so I have no stake in the debate other than to seek understanding and truth. I appreciate being provoked, and reply in kind. Winning an argument has got nothing to do with it.
Appreciate the data,however they provide no context.No conditions for which the conclusions were drawn.
We might want a couple-three pages of text to flesh out the methodologies used to create the graphs.
If these deaths all occurred in the developed world,we'd have the context of housing,or street people,commuting exposure,traffic accident-related death by exposure,drug-overdose-death-by exposure,etc.
We'd also have a sense of mitigations like urban misters proliferation,free electric fan and window air conditioning programs.
This winter,Chicago offered municipal buses as emergency warming structures for homeless people.
Many cold victims die in their cars,stuck in blizzards.
Power lines go down in storms,knocking out power to residents.Rolling brownouts/blackouts.
Farm workers dropping dead in fields from heat-related kidney failure.Construction workers fainting from heat stroke and falling to their death.
All these potentialities need to be spelled out in these graphical representations.

Last edited by aerohead; 02-16-2019 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: spell