View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 03:19 AM   #23 (permalink)
niky
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJerry View Post
Lightest kerb weight is 780kg for a 3door with minimum equipment. But I'm not sure what this includes. In Denmark we use a standard of saying dry weight+120kg is kerb. However, EU standards says car with fluids etc +75kg = kerb. And all are listed as 800kg. Every car also comes with a full size spare tyre. 13-14kg.

The water pump is the same as many other cars with bigger engine the gesring of the pulley migjt be different. The alternator is 80amp I believe, so not far off bigger/golf class cars.

Waterpump is about 2500DKKR/400$/350€

I can post some figures later, in the meantime heres a 107 which basically is the same car, making 92hp. With intake/exhaust and a tune.
https://youtu.be/8Cc3xOsWyCY

Another I know of made 95hp with stock manifold/cat. The dyno might be optimistic, but it showed a difference in 12hp before/after.

The stock intake drop to 96-97kpa starting from 3500rpm. A filter will let it up to 100-101kpa. A little science will say 3-4hp depending on how low you can drop the temperature. A bolt on 42mm ID exhaust pipe will get i 6hp in peak rpm. I had this same exhaust, wich made the same difference ad stated in the video.
https://youtu.be/gVh3rjV5Spg
The difference in quoting standards is the rub. But I expect the weight stated is to the same standards as the stated weight of the Mirage, due to the 0-100 times.

It's likely the KR-FE is more throttled and less optimized than the 4A from the factory (less headroom for modification on newer engines).

True, what matters is what the before and after numbers are, rather than the dyno readout (have had so many headaches over those over the years).

Mods aren't always additive. They give and take away, and sometimes once you've freed up the breathing/exhaust enough, extra modification will make less.

It's an interesting project, though... looking forward to seeing what numbers you can get, and what advantages in 0-100 and quarter mile times you can produce from this thing.