View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 02:36 PM   #86 (permalink)
jjackstone
Master EcoModder

I agree with it being reasonably easy to build an electric infrastructure. In the past few years I have seen Wal-Marts with solar panels but no chargers.
The link takes you to a picture I took in Tucson, Arizona.

https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/...id=364966&v=54

I have also seen them with chargers but no solar panels. The photo is in Sacramento,Ca.

I believe the biggest problem with the switch to electric vehicles is still "mostly" in the American psychological makeup. Too many people still believe that they need the biggest most powerful vehicle they can buy not only to get them from point a to b, but for safety.

I have a friend who rides a kind of loud American made motorcycle. He says he would never ride an electric bike because it would be less safe because no one could hear him ride up to them. He's been hit on this very loud motorcycle a couple times.

I do agree that EV's need to be a bit less expensive and I expect that within the next few years their pricing will be on par with similar ICE vehicles. The battery ranges are increasing by the year. Batteries are improving and becoming less expensive and they are typically the most expensive part of an EV. I do think that once people realize that with a compact size decently aerodynamic EV that they can get an equivalent of three to four hundred miles per gallon of gasoline, that more and more people will switch over. How long will that take? Hard to say. I still can't talk my Dad into getting a cell phone. He's 84.
JJ
The Following User Says Thank You to jjackstone For This Useful Post:
Xist (03-04-2019)