View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 11:50 AM   #97 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,393 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
That's what it says. You can't even add a single light, garage door opener, can opener, ect to the evse circuit.
I haven't read the code, but I don't think it says an EVSE must be on a dedicated circuit. My guess is if the EVSE is permanently installed, the circuit must be on a dedicated circuit.

Nearly all EVs come with L1 chargers that are designed to plug into standard outlets with no dedication to the EVSE.

Another problem is creating a billing infrastructure attached to the light pole. It needs to measure energy consumption and be connected to the internet to authenticate the user and bill them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor95 View Post
That would be a really long time. Like, not in any of our lifetimes...

Plus there's a lot of things that make complete autonomy unlikely at this point. Will all cars be connected to a cellular network? What about areas that are out of range?
If your definition of autonomous vehicles is so-called level 5, then I agree with you because there will always be situations where a human needs to override the programming. If your definition is level 4, where the car normally has control, but the means to override are available, then I disagree.

Tesla is already at level 3, and most cars in the very near future will be L1 or L2 as standard equipment.

People continuously rate safety as their #1 criteria in choosing a vehicle. As autonomous features prove to increase safety, they will be adopted.

I will live to see the day when airbags and seatbelts are no longer required equipment.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!