Thread: Tesla Model 3
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 09:54 AM   #943 (permalink)
wdb
lurker's apprentice

PlainJane - '12 Toyota Tacoma Base 4WD Access Cab
90 day: 20.98 mpg (US)
I'm seeing Model 3's pretty regularly around here now. The store closure thing has me curious though; where would I go for warranty service and other work? The nearest "service center" to me is a bit over an hour away, and it is listed as a "store and service center". Is it closing?

And there's no way in the world I would ever buy something that costs that much money without laying hands on it first. I get that there's a cult that doesn't care, but I do. I suppose I could waylay a stranger and ask them to let me crawl over their car and take it for a test drive, but that might or might not go well.

I also looked for charging locations while I was checking their maps. Although I live on the periphery of the east coast megalopolis, my area is very ill served by charging stations. I understand Tesla is putting these stations up themselves, trying to solve the chicken/egg dilemma, and I think that's great. But unless I'm using it to commute into the maelstrom, a Tesla is not a practical vehicle for me at this time. In other words it would have to be a commuter vehicle, covering part of my needs. Even at $35K that does not seem economically sensible; my last commuting-centric purchase was a Honda Fit for $15K.

I continue to watch with interest. And the garage we're building will have 100A service.
The Following User Says Thank You to wdb For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-06-2019)