View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 03:42 AM   #2248 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
There isn’t a need. There is only the DESIRE to travel faster. When traffic increases on a roadway to the point that passing has become IN ANY FASHION difficult, a slower speed is the ONLY answer.

Sure, cooperation matters. Should be a given, but isn’t. When traffic is heavy enough that following distances cannot be increased or even maintained, it becomes besides the point.

Up until then being able to manage overtaking traffic works to the advantage of all.

When I’m in my pickup and running 58-mph on a 75-mph highway that management is at first more work. With practice it becomes routine.

As to truck tailgaters, I can usually find the name of the head of the safety department of a truck firm pretty quickly. And use the CB to announce to one and all that I’m waiting on hold for that John Doe to send him pics or videos of truck #12345 operating in an unsafe & threatening manner. After which he will be informed my next call is to Texas DPS after I contact their dispatch for assistance at mile marker XX for reckless endangerment. (That order may change dependent on circumstance).

There are further bureaucratic steps that will eventuate in altering the safety scoring of that company. And none can afford the increase in insurance rates, it’s basic to their business plan.

A tailgating big truck is no different than someone pointing a gun at you. Act accordingly. Here in Texas, we have sure methods for travelers who are threatened.

Last edited by slowmover; 03-04-2019 at 03:51 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to slowmover For This Useful Post:
freebeard (03-04-2019)