View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 12:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Redpoint, are you tall, strong or trained in martial arts, Krav Maga???

On Brazil once a criminal tried to broke into a house or a store (don't remamber details) and a private simple security guard (no trained) was able to stop hin. Police arrived, arrested the criminal and also took the security guard to the police station. The security guard had no license for the gun and was keept arrested. The criminal was released before the security guard.
I'm tall and stronger than most, but not trained in hand-to-hand combat. Doesn't matter if I was short and weaker than most. Opposing evil needs to happen regardless of the odds.

Shooters could always be stopped if people acted like an angry football mob rather than scared sheep. When shooting happens, people should channel their inner "Occupy Wallstreet" anger.

Any group of people needs a few leaders to give them direction and courage. I probably can't stop a shooter by myself, but if I lead a charge that gives others courage to fight back too, then we win.

Where I live, it is a citizen's right to carry a firearm as long as it is visible. They can carry a firearm concealed if they get a permit. My sister has a concealed permit and carries. Several of my friends conceal carry.

In the US, citizens have the same right to arrest a person committing a felony crime as law enforcement.

We have the same problem of property crime not being punished severely enough. My jetski and trailer was stolen a couple weeks ago. Probably some kid stole it. An appropriate punishment would be community service every weekend for a year if first offense.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!