View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 04:53 PM   #600 (permalink)
forgottenmindset
testing the waters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsmith24 View Post
I got it all hooked up in the car. It runs fine on USB power from my laptop. However, whenever I hook up to battery and ground from ECU, it powers the board, but I get blocks across the top of the LCD and nothing on the bottom of the LCD. I did switch the jumper from USB to plug. Any thoughts? With the camry, I didn't even have to get under the hood to test the injectors. There are two ECU plugs to the injectors (one goes to 2 of the injectors, the other goes to the other two). I tapped into that and the speed sensor and I'm getting data (albeit, incorrect, but I haven't even put in guesses yet...I just kept the default values). I'm trying to get this power issue figured out so that I can begin to calibrate.
My guess is that the change from the usb voltage to the car's voltage is different and thus the screen is out of sync. That happens to me too, but you can just unplug it and plug it back in several times and then that should work, but if not, wait a few seconds then do it. If still no, pull the power jumper out of the duino with the power cord still in, and put it back in.