Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation > OpenGauge / MPGuino FE computer
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 02:41 PM   #591 (permalink)
EcoModder

Big Salsa - '04 Toyota Sienna LE

Silver - '10 Toyota Prius III
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonman76 View Post
And here is a link that I found about injector flow rates. Look up your car to get the fuel injector part number, then look up the that number in the flow rates section...
If you can't find your flow rate there, you can try the Injector Selection Guide Calculator. If you know your engine's horsepower, and the number of injectors, it will give you a best guess.

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #592 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

El Camrino - '90 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 32.47 mpg (US)
Does anyone have a link to a good soldering tutorial? I figured I'd practice a little bit on the edge of some perfboard before I go all out on the LCD first time around.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:42 PM   #593 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Red Beast - '82 Honda V45 Sabre Vetter Fairing
90 day: 39.38 mpg (US)

The Wife's bike - '82 Honda CM450E Red
90 day: 57.22 mpg (US)

Yellow Submarine - '04 Dodge Neon SXT
90 day: 28.71 mpg (US)
Another thought on seperating out the program. (It may actually fit inside the current prog) A first run setup. Set a flag for a calibration run, set your odometer and fill the tank. when you next fill, enter the mileage and gallons added. Viola! one run calibration.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:42 PM   #594 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Got mine assembled. I plan on getting the leads to the car hooked up tomorrow. I fired it up with USB power and all seems well. At one point, the numbers were changing without me doing anything (slowly increasing MPH, and other numbers changing accordingly...demo maybe?). However, all the numbers sit at zero right now upon powerup. It isn't pretty, but it should get the job done. Maybe I can build another one now that I kinda know what I'm doing.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:20 PM   #595 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Red Beast - '82 Honda V45 Sabre Vetter Fairing
90 day: 39.38 mpg (US)

The Wife's bike - '82 Honda CM450E Red
90 day: 57.22 mpg (US)

Yellow Submarine - '04 Dodge Neon SXT
90 day: 28.71 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsmith24 View Post
Got mine assembled. I plan on getting the leads to the car hooked up tomorrow. I fired it up with USB power and all seems well. At one point, the numbers were changing without me doing anything (slowly increasing MPH, and other numbers changing accordingly...demo maybe?). However, all the numbers sit at zero right now upon powerup. It isn't pretty, but it should get the job done. Maybe I can build another one now that I kinda know what I'm doing.
Quite possibly the fact that you do not have anything hooked up is causing the inputs to float. Try grounding the inputs, that should fix the false indication. (I did not see any demo mode in the code.) If the problem continues, double check the connections you have made.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:04 AM   #596 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac7ss View Post
Quite possibly the fact that you do not have anything hooked up is causing the inputs to float. Try grounding the inputs, that should fix the false indication. (I did not see any demo mode in the code.) If the problem continues, double check the connections you have made.
After posting, I finished connecting the diodes to ground. The last post, I had connected everything that didn't deal directly with vss/inj inputs. So, everything is ready to be connected to power, ground, vss, and inj 0v. I'm about to go out and find those leads now. I'll be sure to post back some specifics for any 2nd generation camry owners that may be on here.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:33 AM   #597 (permalink)
Addicted

bbjsw10 - '91 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 51.06 mpg (US)
Magonman thanks for posting that. Those are cheap as well.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #598 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

I got it all hooked up in the car. It runs fine on USB power from my laptop. However, whenever I hook up to battery and ground from ECU, it powers the board, but I get blocks across the top of the LCD and nothing on the bottom of the LCD. I did switch the jumper from USB to plug. Any thoughts? With the camry, I didn't even have to get under the hood to test the injectors. There are two ECU plugs to the injectors (one goes to 2 of the injectors, the other goes to the other two). I tapped into that and the speed sensor and I'm getting data (albeit, incorrect, but I haven't even put in guesses yet...I just kept the default values). I'm trying to get this power issue figured out so that I can begin to calibrate.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:21 PM   #599 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Nevermind... I came back in here to get something to drink, went back out, plugged the power back in and it works. The MPH is off by about a factor of 10...I need to put my car back together and then calibrate. I'll post back and give updates and numbers for the wiki when I get a chance.

On another note, I would be one to pay for an assembled MPGuino. I didn't mind hooking up the car leads all that much, but I haven't soldered in quite some time. As such, the setup is really not neat, but functional.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:53 PM   #600 (permalink)
testing the waters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsmith24 View Post
I got it all hooked up in the car. It runs fine on USB power from my laptop. However, whenever I hook up to battery and ground from ECU, it powers the board, but I get blocks across the top of the LCD and nothing on the bottom of the LCD. I did switch the jumper from USB to plug. Any thoughts? With the camry, I didn't even have to get under the hood to test the injectors. There are two ECU plugs to the injectors (one goes to 2 of the injectors, the other goes to the other two). I tapped into that and the speed sensor and I'm getting data (albeit, incorrect, but I haven't even put in guesses yet...I just kept the default values). I'm trying to get this power issue figured out so that I can begin to calibrate.
My guess is that the change from the usb voltage to the car's voltage is different and thus the screen is out of sync. That happens to me too, but you can just unplug it and plug it back in several times and then that should work, but if not, wait a few seconds then do it. If still no, pull the power jumper out of the duino with the power cord still in, and put it back in.

Reply  Post New Thread