View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 06:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
2016 Versa
EcoModding Apprentice

Little Blue Fuel Sipper - '16 Nissan Versa SV Sedan
Team Nissan
90 day: 45.75 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Klingon View Post
Thanks!

It is the clunkiest shifting transmission I've ever driven. Had it checked out twice now because I keep thinking something is wrong. Stealership says it's normal for that transmission. Sentra owner forums back that up.
This is my first experience with a CVT and mine shifts smooth. I like it OK, my biggest concern is the longevity of it. My biggest complaint with the CVT is that when the c/c is set sometimes when I start up a steep hill the RPM's will suddenly go from 1500 to 3000. I can regulate the speed in hilly areas without near as much RPM variation as the computer makes when the c/c is set.

My son has a '14 Sentra. I haven't ridden in it many times but I've never noticed anything like you describe when riding in his. Pay close attention to it, Nissan has had their share of problems with their CVT's and it could be you have one of the problem transmissions. I've read of several reports online of Nissan telling customers their transmissions were working correctly right up until the transmission went out.

Last edited by 2016 Versa; 03-22-2019 at 07:27 PM..