View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 01:33 PM   #5435 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,387 Times in 3,361 Posts
Doesn't surprise me one bit. Regan, Arnold, and Trump's elections demonstrate that people love actors. Even CEOs and other top leaders tend to be better actors than critical thinkers. Spinning narratives is easier than just having the best ideas. Results are irrelevant when you can just frame the outcome in a flattering way.

I finally broke down and looked up AOC. I like that she's a nobody that won a major political office while spending 1/18th as much as the incumbent. That shows that the public is willing to elect regular folk (non-politicians). The unfortunate thing is that nearly every idea she has is terrible. If some of them were to be implemented in law and enforced, it would spark a bloody civil war.

Shapiro recently said that he's willing to accept the predictions of scientific study regarding global warming. He said he also accepts the scientists conclusion that if the US went carbon neutral today, we'd drop the warming by 0.17 degrees. His point is that it doesn't make sense to cripple an economy and bring it to 3rd world levels to avert a 0.17 degree rise in temperature.

My point is that less money doesn't just equal less iPhones and ice cream cones. It means more people dying earlier deaths due to less of everything including food, medicine, scientific advancement, etc.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!