View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 06:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
Rome wasn't built in a day. And when gasoline automobiles first came out,there were neither paved roads,nor gas stations available...
True, the charging network is getting better day by day. The biggest issue is the fractional nature of it. CCS is the adopted standard plug in the USA but Tesla and Nissan continue to make cars with different plugs. That means the charging network is a hodgepodge of 4 different plug types.

Then there is the fact that most charging networks don't accept credit cards. Instead you have to download an app, join their network, put a minimum amount on the account (usually $20). That is all before you can charge your car.

None of this helps the adoption of EVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Well don't forget highway 22/20. The other 2/3 of the state sucks anyhow, and not many people visit those areas. I've been to one of the "inaccessible" places, Burns, once in my lifetime. Looks like Burns is scheduled to get a Supercharger.

Montana looks particularly sparse.
The chargers in Detroit are new since a last looked. So now my friends can finally go to Bend.

The other 2/3rds of the state is AWESOME. Great hiking, fishing, rafting, riding. Yes, you can do those things around the Portland metro but you will be doing it with 10 of your best buddies you have never seen before.

Too many people in PDX like to get outdoors. It is near impossible to find a campsite within 2 hours of PDX on a Friday evening unless you skip out of work early.
The Following User Says Thank You to JSH For This Useful Post:
aerohead (04-06-2019)