View Single Post
Old 04-11-2019, 11:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Darc View Post
Peacefull when USA police encounters white citizens carrying rifles...

I saw many news about black people being shot when police imagine a wallet in hand was a gun. I will not say it's 100% just racism, since criminal behavior among black people it's almost 10x higher than among white people. Police needd to take statistics somehow too when take decision. But the decision to take lethal force when there is no sure a guy have a gun... it's not nice.
Police in the US proportionately kill more white folk per encounter than black people. They aren't analyzing the shade of skin when they perceive threat. Nobody's seen the extremely disturbing video of Daniel Shaver getting shot in a hotel hallway because an unarmed white guy getting shot is evidence that some officers make bad calls in general, and it's got nothing to do with race.

The media spins a narrative to tell a story rather than portray reality. Sure, there's got to be racists out there, but that isn't the norm. If anything, the systemic problem is the training that places too much emphasis on shoot first and ask questions never. Police are trained to shoot if they perceive a threat to their life. That interpretation is up to the officer, not to anyone else.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 04-12-2019 at 03:14 AM..