View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 08:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
All Darc
Banned

Uhnn... We would need to evaluete the data. General numbers and percentages.

I see some racist people (from racist organizations like American Renaissanse), arguing that black people disobey police's order a lot more than whites, or react violent against police officers when are approached. But I must remamber that racist organizations are suspect, so we need toc heck this before take as true.

In a video of brazilian police arresting a black criminal, he was resisting arrest so much that two officers together was having a lot of problem, and even with the police truncheon on his neck, he was still resisting frantically. And a pregnant women (wife or girfriend of the criminal) near the officer started to punch the police officer and scream like crazy. If the police office reacted against the woman... they would say police tried to kill the baby. The only thing the poolice officer could do was to try to move the woman away.

Women can hit man, and in the end most judges will think : It's just a crazy woman, so I will not punish her as for a man.

Sociologist will say it's due poor and violent culture where many black are raised. Some even agree that black fathers and mothers are more violent against their own kids, increasing the chances of raise kids more prone to violence and criminality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Police in the US proportionately kill more white folk per encounter than black people. They aren't analyzing the shade of skin when they perceive threat. Nobody's seen the extremely disturbing video of Daniel Shaver getting shot in a hotel hallway because an unarmed white guy getting shot is evidence that some officers make bad calls in general, and it's got nothing to do with race.

The media spins a narrative to tell a story rather than portray reality. Sure, there's got to be racists out there, but that isn't the norm. If anything, the systemic problem is the training that places too much emphasis on shoot first and ask questions never. Police are trained to shoot if they perceive a threat to their life. That interpretation is up to the officer, not to anyone else.

Last edited by All Darc; 04-14-2019 at 08:55 PM..